Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 5 - Wikis

GOOD EVENING WORLD................

I have just been going through the Wikis module, and I have used a WiKI for CSI but guess what as I am at home I've tried to get in and can't remember my password, And unfortunatly it seems that groupwise is down so what's the point of emailing my password if i can't get into Groupwise.... Ahh well this will have to wait till a later day......................

I think it would be good to set up a Wiki for Events - to coordinate regional events in the libraries, I also think that a Wiki that only certain people can edit for procedures manuals sounds like a Fantastic idea.............................. I didn't know that you could allow wiki's to be edited by a select few, in some cases limiting the people editing the material is a good idea.

From the Wikis I looked at I liked the idea of being able to get our customers editing tags on the catalogue or editing subject categories etc.

Anyway, so far so good............... until the next time

No comments: